jeudi 16 juin 2011

Boston Bruins : new NHL Champions !

This is my first post in English, so I hope I won't make too many mistakes. But the Boston Bruins deserve I make that effort :-)


I don't know why but I've been supporting this team for several years now, and I'm really glad they won this Stanley Cup. However, before the 7th and decisive game in Vancouver, I was quite pessimistic, because Roberto Luongo had taken only 2 goals against him in 3 games. He had really been amazing during the 3 games that were played in Vancouver. But last night, it seems he lost his "magic" so the Bruins could get their first Stanley Cup since 1972.

But I think the B's wouldn't have won without Mr. Tim Thomas, the 2011 winner of the Conn Smythe trophy, awarded to the MVP of the playoffs. On the video below, we see his wife and his daughter, and they surely can be really proud of him.



So congratulations to the whole team, and to their captain Zdeno Chara, who definitely is a great captain...and goalie ! Indeed he made a very important save at 1-0 for the Bruins in the 1st period. This season was also the season of Chara's first hat-trick (2011/01/17 in Boston against the Carolina Hurricanes).


Now, I'm just wondering why all the Bruins' players have a bear (Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron, Mark Recchi, Tim Thomas, Nathan Horton,...). Was it a bet or something ? But if their bear makes them win many more Stanley Cups, I absolutely have nothing against that. But I'll keep on supporting them even if they don't keep it next season :-). I really hope they'll bring the Stanley Cup back home next season.

Go Bruins go !

Aucun commentaire: